Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving with the family. Need I say more? I barely had my coat off before my grandmother started with the "when are you getting married" tirade, "I want to go to a wedding before I die". See, my grandmother is 88 and convinced she won't see another Thanksgiving. Granted she had been convinced of this for the past 5 years, but she has decided that this is it, and I need to get married. Only me. She didn't start on my cousins, who, by the way, are all older than me. She almost started on my brother, but only half-heartedly. No, I am the grandchild that needs to get married. This year. To a complete stranger if that's what it takes. She offered to set me up with her mailman, and a very nice cab driver who told her he wanted to meet a nice redheaded woman. Thank goodness she lives in KY, or I might find strange men at my doorstep. So I need to find myself a nice boy (it used to be a nice Jewish boy, but she is so desperate for me to get married she doesn't care about the Jewish part anymore) and get married within the next 6 months or so. No problem.
Other than that, Thanksgiving was great. My brother drove home from WY, so it made for a very special holiday. We haven't seen him in 2 years. The family is even planning a trip to visit him next June. It will be interesting to see how many of them follow through.
It's late. Must sleep.