Monday, November 07, 2005

A place where I belong

All my life, I've felt like an outsider. I've never really felt like I belonged anywhere I was. I think this week I figured out why.
This past week, the college photographer was in town. He is trying to grow dreads, which I admit don't look great at this stage, but everyone at the college was aghast at his hair. I'm not so sure the look suits him, but I wasn't pointing and laughing with everyone else. I personally think the guy is attractive, dreads or not. He explained, when someone asked about his hair, that he is from San Francisco and he is perfectly normal there. So maybe that's my answer. Not San Francisco, necessarily, but I need to move out of the midwest. I don't know that I want to live in a real city, but I think I need to be in a more metropolitan area. That might not be the answer to all life's problems, but it could be a place to start. The real question is, will I actaully move?