Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm still here

It's been awhile, I know. I'm neglecting my blog again. My life is incredibly boring most of the time, which makes me wonder why I insist on writing about it. I got nothin' else to do, so why not.
Last Friday, I tried to apply for a job in Italy. Try being the operative word. It seems the federal government has a thing against people applying for jobs overseas unless they already live there or have a relative in the military there. Stupid rules! Granted, I don't know the first thing about living in a foreign country. I don't speak a lick of Italian and getting over there might be a challenge, but damnit I wanted that experience. I'm not saying I'm going expatriate on ya. Hell, I'd be working at an airforce base, so I don't think it's possible. But to just have the experience of living in another country, taking in the culture. I'll keep trying. I don't know if I'll ever win this battle, but I can keep dreaming.