Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ouch!

Nothing kills the Christmas spirit faster than Christmas shopping! For the first time, I did a majority of my shopping online this year. It's fun. It's easy. And, your purchases are delivered right to your door. It was working. Then today I decided that I needed to go out to the stores. Boy, was that a mistake. First, most people can't drive. I know that I'm pretty much a maniac on the roads, but I try to be respectful and reasonably cautious (I've slowed down considerably since being hit with a $140 ticket outside Cleveland). Second, people are everywhere! You can't find a parking place. You can't get around the stores. You stand in line forever to pay. You get so frustrated that you forget this is supposed to be a joyful time of year. I'm either going to start doing the good Jewish thing and reject Christmas, or I'm going to start celebrating the holiday in February.

Before the torture of shopping, I was tortured by unfriendly medical workers. The phlebotomist was particularly unhelpful, as the giant bruise on my arm can attest. She took 6 vials of blood and didn't even offer me orange juice when she was done! :) My reward for the experience was a trip to Cheesecake Factory (a farewell, if you will) and a walk around the upscale mall.

I must now go nurse my arm, as the bruise is starting to hurt.