Monday, May 12, 2008

redux

Two posts on the same day. Don't get used to it :)

It's my first day of post-finals freedom, and I have to admit I'm bored. I came home from work and watched Juno, basking in my new found freedom. By the end of the movie, I was thinking about all the things I could be doing instead. I managed to push aside thoughts of moving furniture and decided to write a letter instead. I haven't hand written a letter in ages, and unfortunately, my hand writing skills show the neglect. But it is finished, addressed, stamped and waiting to be put in the mail. In a couple days, my oldest and dearest friend will receive an envelope filled with illegible babble. I hope you enjoy it H!

So now I'm playing on the computer researching paraben-free makeup. If you recall, a few months ago I gave up all products containing sulfates. Well after a brief, but interesting conversation over the weekend, I decided to do a little research on parabens. Now that I'm fairly convinced that I should avoid products containing these and other petroleum based ingredients, I have to find alternatives. Okay, so maybe I don't HAVE to find alternatives, but I like wearing makeup. I don't wear it everyday, but it's nice to get dolled up and feel pretty, but I don't want to destroy my skin (or the environment) in the process. You know, if I keep this up, I'm going to end up a vegan hippie chick living on a kibbutz eating only food I've grown myself. I shudder at the thought :)