Friday, June 19, 2009

2 weeks in a row

Thanks for putting up with my ranting last week. I was just so frustrated with ignorant people, who have no opinions of their own, parroting the party line. I'll let it go. For now.


This week's news: My brother plans to propose to his girlfriend this weekend! I'm very happy for him. But of course the "oh woe is me, I'm doomed to be a spinster" mentality will probably creep in soon, especially since he is younger than me. Whatever. I'm good at being a spinster, and anyway, all the decent men are gay! So, I'll remain happy that at least one of us will be married. And, the wedding will be held in Jackson, so I get to go back to paradise for the festivities. (Yes, Jackson, WY is my idea of paradise. I prefer the mountains to the beach.)

I wrote this last Friday, but wanted to wait until the families were informed before I posted anything. Since then my brother has proposed and is now engaged. The wedding should be sometime next summer. Congrats baby brother!