Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The Tour de France is over.  Lance won his sixth.  Harry is safe from Voldemort until I read book 5 over Christmas break.  I don't know what to do with myself now.  I had gotten used to watching tour highlights every night after work.  I'm going to miss Bob Roll.

I have plenty to keep me occupied until school resumes, however.  Rabbi suggested several books for me to read.  Right now I'm working on One God Clapping about a Zen Buddhist turned Conservative Rabbi.  It's been an educational read for me, but will probably hold no interest to anyone not of the Jewish Buddhist persuation.  Next I'll be reading Let the Earth Teach You Torah, from what I've read it looks like it teaches the Bible from a Shamanistic perspective and should be interesting.  After that will be Stalking Elijah, which is by the same author who wrote Jew in the Lotus, so it's another JewBu book.  And finally a book called  Ordinary Magic.  I don't know much about it, but I'm looking forward to reading it, especially since Rabbi says the book scares him alittle.  That should last me a couple weeks.  There you have it, my exciting reading line-up.  I'm sure you wanted to know.