Tuesday, December 20, 2005

toys for young and old

When cell phones first became popular, I was adamantly against owning one myself. I was annoyed at all the people on their phones at the grocery and the mall or while driving. I didn't see the need to carry my phone around with me, since I don't much like having one at home. But then I got roommates. 3 girls, one phone line. It just seemed to make sense to have my own phone, so I broke down and joined the cell phone revolution. It has now been two years, and last night I was eligible for a new phone. For someone who grudgingly bought her first cell phone, I ran to the Verizon store last night for my new phone. I researched all day to try to find the best phone and so I didn't sound like a complete idiot at the store. When I got there, the sales clerk talked me into (it wasn't that hard, really) the newest and the best Verizon had to offer. I left the store with my brand new video phone with VCast and Blue Tooth. Granted, I have no need for most of the bells and whistles. Hell, I don't even know how some of them work, but I can set MP3's as ringtones and that's all that matters. Right?