Friday, April 06, 2007

Shabbat Shalom

Because I've been told I need to post something, and I'm bored, I thought I'd say hello on this beautiful, freezing Shabbat evening. Hey, I'm a reformed Jew, I'm allowed to break the rules!

Life is a wonderful and exciting adventure that has kept me away from my blog for far too long. The daily commute is a pain in the ass, and I do not envy people who have to do it indefinitely. I, fortunately, only have to do it for about another 6 weeks, which still seems awfully long. I have an apartment, well, I signed a lease and forked over money, so in theory there will be an apartment waiting for me at the appropriate time. It's a nice apartment, too. I'll have a dishwasher, so hopefully no more trips to the emergency room! I'm looking forward to my move, not only because of the commute, but it's really time to leave the dorms and see how real adults live. It might be scary out there in the real world, but there are advantages. (No offense to any students who might be reading this, I'll miss you terribly!)

Oh yeah, I had a birthday. Happy birthday to me. I had an interesting birthday. I was freaking out over being old and stressed out over life in general, and my friend had something that resembled a simple partial seizure (did you find that one yet, Critic?). We were a pair. I hope the next time I am able to visit her, we are both emotionally and physically healthy. Anyway, because I was so distraught over my birthday, I thought I would get drunk. Well, that didn't happen. I had one drink and I was done. I'm such a drinker, let me tell ya. But it was good to be with friends while I was having my meltdown. Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Critic!

I tried to write a poem today about old pictures of my dad that were mailed to me a couple weeks ago. It pretty much sucked, but I'll keep working on it, because I really think it could be a good poem. Nothing like angry, maudlin poems about deadbeat fathers.

Okay, I'm tired and babbling, but instead of editing this entry like I should, I'm just going to end it here and pretend I'm not making a complete fool of myself. Good night and Shabbat Shalom!