Thursday, December 16, 2004

"I want some wills, the won'ts can go to hell" - Shrug

I've been down most of the week, then I got the following email from my best friend. It's one of those silly surveys about yourself, except your friends fill it out about you. It made me smile, so I thought I'd share it.

Where did we meet: Middle school, gym or hallway
How long have you known me: Since 7th grade, which makes it more years than I care to count.
What's one of my favorite things to do: Work in a library (hehe). Okay, sing and read crazy fantasy like books and look for gems and write innermost thoughts on your blog and write poetry.
Do you remember one of the first things I said to you: I'm going to take a stab at "Hi. I'm Erin."
What's my favorite type of music: Weirdo bands that no one's heard of, which I too would have liked at one time (before I lost the COOL). Oh, and bands put together by guys you knew at Ball State.
What is the best feature about me: Personality: sense of spirituality and ability to remain friends with someone who isn't good enough for you; Physically: green eyes and red hair, you bitch
Am I shy or outgoing: neither
Am I a rebel or do I follow the rules: both
What's your favorite memory of me: Too many. Going to pick out Heather's on a whim and eating Killer Brownies. Drive from the Def Leppard concert. Not so favorite memory: you driving me back to Yellow Springs while tailgating a semi. Oh, the question didn't ask that. Other memories: staying over at your house most of our junior year and getting candy cigarettes and watching for the Rejects. Singing in the car. Not so favorite memory: railroad signs coming straight at us. Oh, the question didn't ask that. Another favorite memory: when we laugh at that time when we were 33 and I made you mad making cracks about your driving in an email and you didn't talk to me for weeks but I finally called you up and sang Poison's "I Won't Forget You" into the telephone and you totally forgot why you were mad.--I'm still waiting for this!
Any special talents: Singing, writing, librarying, being patient and understanding and forgiving, driving (haha)

I know all of this means nothing to those of you who don't know me, but I wanted some reassurance that when the world is not kind (and trust me, the world has not been kind to me this week) that my friends still love me. Even if my driving leaves something to be desired.

And, Mr. Critic, can we not tell your wife I posted her email?