Monday, September 19, 2005

and now for a word from our sponsors

I had to turn in some poems I've written for my independent study, so I decided to post them here as well. Just thought I'd warn ya...

Untitled

I'm just a woman
symbolism is not my strength
my words spill forth
full of meaning but without disguise

there are so many words
locked up inside my head
where there are too many
places to hide

when the words finally flow
they do so with simplicity
no allegory or metaphor
just a girl speaking plainly

I try to be clever
when it comes to love
I try to be obscure
when the words are written for you

but in the end
there is only truth
and those words
aren't ready yet


Self Portrait

she has a beautiful soul
underneath the wool and burlap
but she hides in her mud hut
afraid others will see
the patina on her halo


Winter

Oh glorious night
cold wind whipping through my hair
the chill takes my breath away
it's almost enough to make me forget
images of love
unrequited emotion
boddhisatva hidden behind the snow