Sunday, September 04, 2005

Goin' to the chapel

Went to another wedding today. I'm getting a cultural education this summer along with my wedding attendance. First it was the Filipino wedding in Chicago; today it was an African-American wedding in Columbus, OH. I love being one of a handful of white people in a room full of blacks. We should all be in the minority once in a while (although a Jew at a Christian wedding is a bit of a minority situation in and of itself, but that's another story). I love all the "amens" and "yeahs" that pop up from the congregation. It's so foreign to me, but it's kinda fun. Yes, I just said church is fun, don't tell my rabbi :) Anyway, it was a beautiful wedding. The bride is a former student at the college where I work. I'm not sure how I feel about these kids getting married before me, but she's so happy, so it's hard to complain. And thank goodness this wedding was only an hour from home. No out of state trips to unknown territory and no bleepin' toll roads! Afterwards, my friend and I hit the upscale mall for some window shopping. A walk through Saks is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Looking at all the things I'll never be able to afford, and probably wouldn't buy even if I could. Thank goodness tomorrow is a holiday. A chance to catch up on chores and homework I've put off all weekend.
New cd of the moment: Bob Mould Body of Song. Love Bob, not sure what I think about this cd.