Monday, April 03, 2006

I survived my birthday, without any trauma over my age. It was a good birthday, actually. I went to Cleveland and hung out with my bestest friend.
I was driving back from Cleveland, not thinking of much of anything when I started noticing the the cars around me. I was on the bypass around Columbus looking at all the cars that were held together with tape (there were an amazing number of cars that looked less than healthy on the road last night) when creeping up behind me I saw the strangest looking car. It was a Mercedes sports car that I'd never seen before, so I looked it up on the internet and showed the picture to a friend and she started freaking out. You saw a McLaren!! I'd never heard of the car, so I didn't have any clue why she was so excited, but then I saw the price of the car and realized it's rare indeed to see that car on the road. It seemed so unfair to have all these other people driving tape mobiles and some dude passing us at ridiculous speeds spending half a million on a car! Capitalism at work.