Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm an idiot. I just want to get that straight up front. Why am I an idiot, you ask? Well, last night I went to test drive a Honda Civic. I do this from time to time. I research cars, trying to find something a little bit better than the one I own, then I go test drive them, and then I'm happy. I don't buy the car. Well, not until last night when I was bombarded by an overzealous salesman who decided I needed this car. I still don't know how it happened. But, today I have a brand new 2006 Civic with all the bells and whistles, including a moon roof and ipod port. This is ridiculous. Especially in light of my last post, talking about all those cars on the highway that are held together by tape and I'm spending more on a car per month than I have on some places I've lived! The whole experience leaves me feeling like I'm holding on desperately to a speeding bullet.