Monday, November 12, 2007

Evolution

Lately, I've had some insights into myself and my character. It's a rather surreal feeling to understand your motivations and obstacles. Most people just stumble through life, reacting to various circumstances, but not really understanding what was behind their reactions. I'm not saying I'm fully self-realized. That will probably take several more incarnations, but I'm starting to understand why I try to knock down the brick wall in front of me with bare hands instead of just walking around it. Say what you will about psychiatry and drug therapy, but I know I would not have reached this point without that help. Psychotropic drugs are not the path to enlightenment, but without healing yourself emotionally and mentally, you'll never get there.

Okay, I feel the need to lighten the mood. How 'bout a quick survey?

Currently watching: Heroes on nbc.com
Currently listening to: Apocalyptica plays Metallica by Four Cellos -- Even if you don't like Metallica, I highly recommend this CD. It is beyond words!
Currently reading: Geology notes, I have a test on Wed.

More tomorrow...