Thursday, November 15, 2007

Love and vengeance

I just got home from seeing The Magic Flute and now I have the Queen of the Night Aria stuck in my head. My goal is to be able to sing that aria, high Fs and all!

Anyway...I've had a crush on a man (are they still called crushes at my age?) for about 6 months now. It's really weird though, because I don't much like him as a person. There is obviously something about him I find attractive, other than his appearance, but there is also something about him that completely turns me off. I know this is actually a common conundrum, but it's the first time I've experienced it. I really am one of those people who is more concerned with personality than looks (okay, everybody says that, but some of us actually mean it), so if I find his personality off-putting, why am I still attracted to him. I would like it to stop now, please.