Monday, October 15, 2007

Single White Jewish Female looking for...

Last Friday, I clicked on the you tube link The Critic sent me about Ann Coulter. While watching the video, I noticed in the related videos window a link to a clip of the Henry Rollins Show. I didn't know Henry Rollins had a show. I haven't really thought much about Henry Rollins since the early 90s, but, curious, I clicked on the link, which lead to another link, and another, and so on. The Henry Rollins I saw in those video clips was not the angry front man of Black Flag. This guy was articulate and funny, even almost vulnerable. I'm sure he's still the belligerent, arrogant bastard I thought he was back then, but that hasn't stopped me from developing a little attraction to the man. In one of the videos, he talked about a list of questions men ask women when they are first getting to know one another (top 3 records, top 5 foreign films, etc.). I thought I'd go ahead and answer those questions here, to save some time later. You know, for when I meet Henry Rollins and he asks me on a date (I'm a dreamer, what can I say :)

Top 3 records? My question is, by records, do you mean singles or albums? Since you did ask in the video the 3 discs in my changer, I'll reply with the last 3 discs I've listened to (since I don't have a changer). 1. Boys for Pele -- Tori Amos. 2. Mix CD I made for family music exchange (I will be happy to provide a list of songs upon request). 3. Carmen -- Bizet

Top 5 foreign films? I actually only have two favorite foreign films. I have seen more than 2. I went through a period a few years ago when I'd only watch foreign films, but none of them really stuck with me. Since my 2 foreign films are on my list of favorite movies, I'll give you that list, in no particular order. Princess Bride, Amelie, Sense and Sensibility, The Road Home (from China, it is a love story, but it's a beautiful movie), and the A&E Pride and Prejudice. Yeah, so they're all girly movies. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good action flick every once in a while.

Currently reading? I'm not one to only read one book at a time, so here are the books I'm currently reading: Love is a mix tape (yes Mr. Critic, I'm still reading it. I read it on my lunch break so it takes longer to read than it would if I just sat down with it), The Critical Edition of the Diary of Ann Frank, and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian (yes Henry, it's a children's book. Deal with it!).

So there you are. If any of that piques your interest, feel free to send me an email.

Okay, I feel like I just filled out some online dating survey for a guy who will never read it, but it gave me something to blog about tonite.

To change the subject, I just found out that some friends from high school are going to be on Fox's America's Greatest Band or whatever it's called. They are The Fabulous Johnson Brothers. Check them out this Friday at 8 on Fox. Do I get paid for that?