Tuesday, May 03, 2005

All we need is some ice cream and a hug - Bowling for Soup

I guess I owe you all an explanation for the last post. My cat was killed on Saturday. He liked to go outside, and as much as we would prefer he didn't, we never actually won that argument. So he would go out onto the patio, jump the fence and go see the world. Well, Saturday he never returned from his jaunt into the wild and when my mom found him, he was already gone. He had been attacked by a bigger animal. We took him to a vet clinic that will bury him in the local pet cemetery. I'm a little amused by the whole pet cemetery thing, but glad my cat won't be buried in the flower bed of my mom's apartment and left behind when she moves.
I got him in Muncie. He was born on my 21st birthday, which I always thought was kinda cool. He lived with me for a few years, but when we discovered I was allergic to cats, he moved in with my mom. I still claimed him as my own, but he was really her cat and she spoiled him rotten. He was 13, which is a respectable age for a cat, and he had a good life, so I'm okay. Although, I don't like that he was murdered my some homicidal animal!
As silly and as melodramatic as it sounds, he really was the love of my life. I'm going to miss him greatly!