Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Experiments in poetry

Letting go of what I never
had a hold of. It's funny
how obsession can distort
the mind. I actually believed
if I waited long enough,
held on tight enough that you

would be mine. I just wanted
someone to call my own, something
to call home. I don't know why
everyone thinks I'm so happy
on my own. I'm independent
and self-sufficient, but not

meant to be alone. Until you,
I've never met a real man.
A man's man. Until you, I
never thought I'd find that
attractive. But I didn't
realize the benefits

of that mentality. You
want to take care of those you
love. I want to be taken
care of, but it doesn't have
to be you. That's what I
finally understand.

You taught me what I needed
in a man, showed me what was
missing, pointed me in the
direction to find what
is right for me. Now I need
to let you go so you can

find what is right for you.